The Art of Couples Conversation.
Couples conversation – what’s that? Sure, my hubby and I talk about parent teacher meetings, who is picking the kids up, has the dog been outside lately and what’s for tea? Running a busy household, and holding down a job doesn’t leave a lot of time for ‘couples conversation’. I was interested in The Art of Couples Conversation game when I first read the press release and thought it would be fun to try – we might even enjoy it!
‘The Art of Conversation is a best-selling range of games that have been developed to improve conversation skills, turn us into better listeners and help us get to know each other better. Created following extensive research, the games not only provide fun at celebratory nights out or intimate nights in, but have also been professionally accepted as a resource for use in therapy and education’ (The Art of Conversation)
In keeping with Valentine’s Day I have tried the Art of Couples Conversation this month as the purpose of this game is to bring couples closer together by helping them understand how their partner feels. The game also aims to help couples discuss topics that may otherwise be difficult and questions that they would otherwise never ask each other. Some examples of questions are :
- Which of your partner’s physical attributes do you like the best?
- Do you speak to each other in at least as pleasant voice as you use to your friends?
- An ideal night in is…
- When and why did you last say thank you to your partner?
- What is one change you could make that your partner would appreciate?
- How does it enhance, and how does it disrupt your relationship?
- What kind of social occasion do you find a chore?
- Name two things that you have never done with your partner that you think would be fun
The game is interesting to say the least. We have played it a few times together and also with the kids. The questions have brought back memories for me and for my hubby and the kids have had a few good laughs at us!
Why not discover how much you love your partner again with this fun, yet intelligent, card game? There are 6 variations of The Art of Conversation games to choose from and they retail at only £9.98.
For further information on The Art of Couples Conversation visit your local book shop.
Also available from www.amazon.co.uk
Comments are closed